In the previous article, I shared how to make oyster fritters and now I’m going to share an amazing recipe that you’ll love.
Oyster Fritters Preparation: 20 Minutes
A dish brought to the world from central Pennsylvania many years ago, this is the ultimate American comfort food. The warm batter that surrounds the salty sea taste of that lovely oyster feeds the soul like few other recipes can.
Paired with a light beer, they’re absolutely to die for. Truly a dish to pick you up when you’re feeling down.
Pro tip: Drizzle a little cocktail sauce over the fitters while they’re warm to get the traditional taste.
Check Also, Oysters With Camembert
Oyster Fritters: The Ingredients
- 12 oysters
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
The Method of Making Oyster Fritters:
- Open oysters by taking the blade of a sturdy knife and twisting between the shells. Read how to choose the right oyster knife.
- Make sure to drain the oyster water into a bowl
- Heat all the oil in a pan (so it’s 1/2cm deep)
- Whisk together flour, milk, oyster water and egg
- Dip oysters into the batter you’ve created
- Dip oysters in the oil
- Fry for 4-6 minutes, or until the batter is crispy
- Slice lemon into wedges
Serve oyster with lemon wedges and chopped parsley drizzled over the top.